Oil cleansing, that’s right – Cleanse your face with oil! Whether you use a store-bought product or make your own at home, Using oils to cleanse your face will leave your skin radiant and moisturized while not stripping away its’ natural oils. Another bonus – you’ll never need to use eye makeup remover when using a cleansing oil. Oil makes short work of melting away dirt and makeup without the use of harsh chemicals.
Create your own oil wash:
- Sweet almond or Grapeseed – Especially suited for oily skin
- Jojoba – Great for all skin types, but particularly good for acne
- Avocado – Great for dry skin
- Olive Oil – Great for hydrating dry skin
- Coconut oil – Best all around cleanser and moisturizer for all skin types
A couple of my favorites are Christian Dior and Nude cleansing oil.
How to use oils for cleansing:
- Pour a portion about the size of a quarter of oil into your palm. Next, rub hands together to warm up the oil and spread all over your face.
- Massage oil into your face for about 2 minutes.
- Next, place a wet – hot washcloth over your face for 10-20 seconds. This will open your pores.
- Finally, wipe away oil with your wash cloth.
- For extra moisture, massage a few drops of your cleansing oil into your face.